Following are some general guidelines for class etiquette. The goal of these guidelines is to encourage mindfulness, and to discourage disruptions or distractions in the class space. Practicing this etiquette helps to ensure a safe and enjoyable practice for everyone in the room.
- Please be on time.
- Please turn off your cell phone. If space allows, it is preferable to leave your phone outside of the room.
- Please remove your shoes before entering the space.
- Respect class levels and attend only the level of class that is appropriate for you.
- Please inform your teacher of any injuries or other conditions that might affect your practice.
- Keep variations appropriate for the class.
- Listen to your body. Do what you can without causing strain or injury, rather than trying to achieve the most challenging variation of a pose. Move from where you are, not from where you think you should be.
- Please stay through the end of class. If you must leave early, inform your teacher before class begins.